Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bill Gate's quotes



Allmost everyone I know is struggling to get more money, even the well off. Far too many struggles just to make ends meet. Bill Gates is the world's richest man. A lot of people don't like him just because he is rich. These are a few of Bill Gate's quotes. Whether you like him or not, I suggest that you heed wisdom from the world's richest man.


>Life is not fair, get used to it.

>Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.

>Every day were saying, "How can we keep this customer happy?"

>How can we get ahead in innovation by doing this, because if we don't, somebody else will.

>Television is not real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

>Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself.

>In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.

>If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.

>It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.

>If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

>Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.

>640K ought to be enough for anybody.

>I've said some stupid things and some wrong things, but not that. No one involved in computers would ever say that a certain amount of memory is enough for all time.

>Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many chances as you want to get the right
answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING.

>Often you have to rely on intuition.

>I realized about 10 years ago that my wealth has to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one's children. It's not constructive for them.

>Until we're educating every kid in a fantastic way, until every inner city is cleaned up, there is no shortage of things to do.

>If you're asking whether I intentionally mess up my hair, no, I don't. And certain things, like my freckles, they're just there. I don't do anything consciously. I suppose I could get contact lenses. I suppose I could comb my hair more often.


>If there's one cultural quality we have, it's that we always see ourselves as an underdog.

>Microsoft was founded with a vision of a computer on every desk, and in every home. We've never wavered from that vision.

>If you get health, then you have opportunity for literacy.

>Health first, then literacy. Once you have literacy, then you have a chance to bring in the new tools of communication. Let people reach out and have access to the latest advances.

>My value is still so much higher than I ever expected it to be by a factor of about 50. So the fact that at one point it was say, a factor of 60, well - that wealth is all going back to society anyway.

>There will be 'two societies' in the future: high-paid knowledge workers and low-paid service workers. I'm committed to one company. This is the industry I've decided to work in.

>I'm in the same traffic as everybody else. I'm in the same airplane delay as everybody else. I sit in the same coach seat as everybody else. I keep bumping into that silly quotation attributed to me that says 640K of memory is enough.

>There's never a citation; the quotation just floats like a rumour, repeated again and again.

>I don't think it's constructive to grow up having billions of dollars. The idea that I will take a sizeable portion of my fortune and have them inherit that, I don't think that would be
to society's benefit or to their benefit. I've spoken out about this before... my philosophy of giving back my wealth to society.

William "Bill" H. Gates~

No comments:

Post a Comment