Thursday, March 31, 2011

Life and Expectation



Life and Expectations
The moment life begins expectations start building to the extent the life ends.
This has been my experience and possibly everyone’s.But do we ever realise that this slow and easy process of building of expectations do often give us pain.
Take up a case. We call a friend and often next time we expect a call in return(I am not talking of exceptional cases). But if we do not get the same response, we do feel bad. Talking about blood relations or friends, there is always a give and take process, which builds up the process of expectation.But we often realise that we do not get the things to our expectations. Reason behind “with the developing time and closeness, the level of expectation keeps on rising”. The problem crops up when the person in fulfilling the rising expectation often finds himself/herself crushed upon by responsibilities and duties. It is often the thing in practical life that the more you take, you are expected to be burdened more, simply because of the expectation that you have the capability of fulfilling.
What I had realised in my personal span is possibly the same. In different aspects of my personal and professional life, I have never shyed away to take upon the responsibilities. But what was the result? I felt myself being shouldered with everything but no appreciation and incentive and moreover, I felt I was being dominated by the ever rising expectation.At a moment, I gave a thought.
So where is the difference in my approach now? I have stopped having expectations,the output is if the things are being done then fine, if not I manage it myself. I still try to fulfill every expectation till the extent I define, but not obviously beyond it. I do not feel for crushing myself. The result is least expectation, least mental botheration and reduced pain.
So let’s try to life and manage it by looking beyond expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment