Thursday, June 7, 2012

Learning from the story ' Always try to understand other side.



A teacher asked a student of class 1st, when she 

was teaching Mathematics, "Mohan, when I give 

you one pencil and one pencil, how many pencils will you have?"
Mohan counted on his fingures and replied, "Four."
The teacher was disappointed, as she was expecting answer as two, but Mohan replied four.
The teacher again asked Mohan, "Mohan, if I give you one mango and one mango, how many mangoes will you have?"
This time, Mohan, after counting on his fingures, replied, "Two."
The teacher was happy with the answer Mohan gave, so said, "Good, Mohan."
The teacher again asked Mohan, "If I give you one pencil and one pencil, how many pencils will you have?"
Mohan again calculated on his fingures and replied, "Four."
The teacher was disappointed with Mohan's answer, she asked, "How, Mohan, how?"
Mohan replied, "Mam! Because I already have two pencils with me in my bag."
My learning
  • Whenever there is a different reply from other side, try to understand other side's situation
  • Have an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment